Thursday, October 27, 2011

need help...

Last night was the WORST night to date, with Nolen. Let me back up a bit. I started feeding Nolen solid food when he was 6 months old. He slept through the night up to 12 hours before that time. I started him on the usual rice and oatmeal. That is when the gas started. BAD GAS. I am talking about gas that smells like an old man and is extremely painful.
I took Nolen off the rice and oatmeal then put him on the Gerber baby food. The gas continued but was not as bad. Since then, I have tried many different foods and formula. We opted to keep him on Soy formula because the milk based formula seemed to cause him more discomfort.
Yesterday, I fed Nolen a handful of honey nut Cheerios, apple sauce, blueberry banana and apple's baby food, and for dinner he had some whole carrots peas corn and zucchini.
Out of all of that, I have no clue what would cause such painful gas; however, he was up ALL night crying and in pain.
I am asking for any help, any help at all would be great. If you have been through something like this yourself, or with your child, please, please, please help. I am suspecting a gluten allergy but I don't even know where to begin to get it diagnosed let alone fix the problem.

Thanks from one tired Mom.
You can email me at juliembarnes (at) gmail or just leave a comment here.

1 comment :

  1. It could have been the blueberries or corn, or both. My daughter was allergic to corn as an adult. I would suspect those over a gluten allergy. Especially the corn.

    ReplyDelete