Saturday, May 19, 2012

Praying in Sign Language

Yes, it's true. I wasn't gonna, but decided I am. Or at least I might.

I am considering having a week long (5 days, one hour each) crash course on praying (both signing and interpreting) in ASL. This class would be taught by me. It would be free. And it would be for anyone 12 years and older.

We would learn:
Praying Etiquette
ABC's
The words of prayer
Gospel related words
People we pray for
Other needed words
How to interpret all of these things.
Plus more....

Why prayer? I know when I went into the MTC, the first thing that we learned was to pray in sign language. It doesn't require another person to practice...well, I guess you are speaking to God so he counts, but he doesn't sign back to you. Praying is something we do everyday...multiple times. I think it is this repetition that helps us remember things. Plus it is prayer. There is some amazing power in that, right?

I am pretty sure this class can help with some Personal Progress or Duty to God/Scouting requirements. I am not quite sure why I keep feeling to do this class...my life is pretty crazy right now, but I am. So I am just going to put this out there...in case there are people interested.

So, is there anyone interested in a class like this? Would any of your kids?

Email me: stef.burns -at- gmail.com or call me 816-eight zero seven four

No comments :

Post a Comment